Thursday, April 25, 2013

More Triang...achoo, sniffle

I am hunkered down. In a hotel room in Ithaca, NY, with yet another cold. I seem to be travelling around with the sole purpose of collecting new versions of the cold virus. I am doing some mini-ing. Will post about it later, but in the meantime I need to honour my promise to post the pictures of the 1940s Triang house. I realise I didn't photograph everything, but I'll be back there in June. So herewith:

First, my favourites, the bathroom set. It's made of metal, and even has a wee laundry basket and chair. There doesn't seem to be a tub. Must ask if it got lost.








Next favourite is the Art Deco sofa:

Front


Back


And side!


Then we have the grand piano, with a top that opens



Or if you don't want to go to the effort of making your own music there is an up-to-the-minute gramophone, also with opening top.


:
There is a fireplace for warmth:



A vacuum cleaner for cleaning




And two comfy armchairs for relaxing in after the house is tidy




Finally, would you like o meet the inhabitants?
Granny and Grandad







Mum, dad and kids



Promise kept (achoo, sniffle).

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: